CoolGames is looking for a Community Manager with a passion for casual games.
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram….
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which was the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
What will you be doing as a Community Manager?
- You’ll work closely with the game team(s) and the product manager;
- You ideate fun ways to keep the community engaged and active;
- Create content calendars;
- Promote game updates and new games;
- Post daily/weekly content;
- Keep track of issues coming from the community;
- Support users (respond to questions/complaints);
- Set up game-ambassador programs and think of other ways to interact with the players.
You will be in charge of posting on the Facebook community(s) and game pages. And you will be creating social media profiles/pages for new games where you will post regular updates of our new and live titles.
What is your profile?
- You have great communication skills both in real life and on social platform;
- You are passionate about posts and stories you share on various social media platforms;
- You come up with ideas and write and create and engaging posts working with the art team;
- You have an understanding of social networking and what makes gamers tick;
- You are creative and proactive;
- Social media and creating engagement are your passion.
What do we ask from you?
- Able to work 24 hours per week;
- Social media savvy (Familiar and active on at least Facebook, Twitter and Instagram);
- Prior experience in community management (minimum 2 years);
- Familiar with Facebook Instant Games and the various social features;
- Basic Technical troubleshooting skills;
- Able to clearly communicate in English. Spoken and written;
- Art experience (photoshop) is a big plus;
- Experience with Jira or similar issue tracking system is a plus.
You’re the kind of person who likes to communicate with people and is very active on social media platforms. A natural problem solver, positive and enthusiastic. You enjoy supporting people with complaints as well as keeping them entertained and motivated by sharing content on a regular basis.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the center of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues come from all over the world to design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines but with big aspirations resulting in bigger and more elaborate projects and games. Coolgames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku. You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.
What do we offer?
- A highly dynamic job
- A place where you are given the freedom to develop yourself to the maximum
- Competitive salary
- High end devices to do your job properly
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam with awesome Friday drinks
- An open, informal and international company culture
— EU CANDIDATES ONLY! —Apply for this job