You are proactive and passionate about social media and you are looking for a dynamic function. CoolGames is looking for a Community Manager (freelance) with passion for casual games to publicize our games on social platforms and reach as many players as possible. When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…. CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which was the #1 sudoku game on Facebook for some time.
What are you doing as a Community Manager?
- Working closely with the Product Manager, the Product Team and the Art Team
- Promote game updates and new games
- Post daily/weekly content
- Support users (respond to questions/complaints)
You will be in charge of posting on our pages and various social platforms, publicizing and giving updates on our titles to our solid user base as well as aiming to bring in more people to play our games.
You oversee 3 or more social platforms where you will post regular updates of our new and live titles. Next to that, you’ll also share content updates, schedule periodic posting activities and address user feedback and user complaints when necessary.
You have great communication skills both in real life and on social platforms, you are outgoing, humorous and enthusiastic about posts and stories you share on various social media platforms.
You can write and create posts working with the art team that appeal to the masses, you have an understanding of social networking and what makes gamers tick.
What is your profile?
- Able to work 14 hours per week
- Social media savvy
- Familiar and active on at least Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- At least 1 or 2 years experience in community management
- Familiar with Facebook Instant Games and the various social features
- Basic Technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Jira or similar issue tracking system
- Able to clearly communicate in English. Spoken and written
- Art experience is a plus
You’re the kind of person who likes to communicate with people and is very active on social media platforms. A natural problem solver, positive and enthusiastic.
You enjoy being the center of attention expanding your fanbase more and more. You enjoy supporting people with complaints as well as keeping them entertained and motivated by sharing content on a regular basis.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the center of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues come from all over the world to design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines but with big aspirations resulting in bigger and more elaborate projects and games. Coolgames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku. You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.
- A highly dynamic job
- A place where you are given the freedom to develop yourself to the maximum
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam with awesome Friday drinks
- An open, informal and international company culture