Are you an ambitious game developer? Do you want millions of people around the world to play HTML5 the games you created?
We are looking for a Game Developer to join our team in the heart of Amsterdam. You’ll work with a multinational team of developers taking on the challenge to develop dynamic gaming experiences.
CoolGames is a leading HTML5 game development company. We bring fun and engaging gaming experiences to players on the world’s most popular social platforms. Companies like Rovio and Hasbro choose us to bring their world famous game brands like Angry Birds and Battleship to millions of players.
Working at CoolGames
CoolGames is a dynamic organisation in the gaming world located in the centre of Amsterdam. We started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. Now big-tech companies such as Facebook, Snapchat and Google ask to work with us. We partner with global brands, working on IPs such as Angry Birds, Monopoly, Battleship and Sudoku.
We are a company which believes it’s important to constantly improve and innovate as we strive to be the best. We work in an informal environment with enthusiastic and smart individuals from all over the world to design and create great mobile games.
You will be part of the development team working with project leads, designers and artists to produce games that delight and engage people around the world. This includes developing new titles, evolving existing games, as well as contributing to the maintenance and development of internal tooling. You manage your own schedule with a view to delivering robust code and meeting established deadlines. The responsibilities include optimisation, debugging, fixing bugs, performing code reviews, porting between platforms and ensuring games remain stable and performant.
You are proactive and thrive on taking ownership and responsibility. You write clean, readable and maintainable code. Bringing your skills and experience to the team is something you have consistently been praised for. You are open to feedback and eager to learn. You embrace collaboration and have a ”you can count on me” attitude. You flourish in an environment where teamwork and communication are important.
The right candidate meets most of the following requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience programming professionally;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development practices;
- Experience with version control tools like git;
- Solid knowledge of development best practices;
- Experience with web game tech (e.g. PIXI/Phaser/Three.js) is a plus;
What we offer
CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- An initial employment contract for one year;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- Flexibility to work remote part-time;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam;
- High-end PC, Macbook Pro or other laptop;
- An open, informal and international company culture.
* EU candidates only *Apply for this job