About the Job
Are you an ambitious (game) backend developer who enjoys taking on a challenge? Do you consider yourself a team player with strong communication skills? Does the thought of millions of people around the world playing the games you created get you excited, then get in touch!
We at CoolGames are looking for a Backend Developer to join our team in the heart of Amsterdam. You’ll work with a multinational team of developers taking on the challenge to develop dynamic gaming experiences.
CoolGames is a leading HTML5 game development company. We bring fun and engaging gaming experiences to players on the world’s most popular social platforms. Companies like Rovio and Hasbro choose us to bring their world famous game brands like Angry Birds and Battleship to millions of players.
What you bring to the table as a Backend Developer
As a Backend Developer you will design and develop secure and scalable backend solutions for our games that are played by millions around the world. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving our live game backends, ensuring quality and resilience. Our tech stack consists of Go, Nakama, Protobuf, Ansible, AWS, docker, NodeJS. You will collaborate closely with game developers and QA to build excellent games for our players, continuously improving on integrating our backend solutions.
- You have expertise in building APIs or backend solutions and services;
- You have a solid understanding of network protocols like TCP, HTTP, and WebSocket;
- You have working knowledge of databases and design;
- You are comfortable with agile development processes and tools;
- You have experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD);
- You have some experience with test driven development;
- You believe in owning tasks but solving them as a team;
- You have a passion for Game Development.
What is your profile?
- At least 3 years professional experience developing and maintaining backends;
- GOlang: Experience with Go, or experience with Java or C++ and an ambition to learn;
- Flexible attitude and goal oriented;
- Proficient in English;
- Experience with game backends is a plus;
- Experience with cloud platforms / infrastructure;
- Experience with other programming languages is a big plus;
Working at CoolGames
CoolGames is a dynamic organisation in the gaming world located in the centre of Amsterdam. We started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. Now big-tech companies such as Facebook, Snapchat and Google ask to work with us. We partner with global brands, working on IPs such as Angry Birds, Monopoly, Battleship and Sudoku. We are a company which believes it’s important to constantly improve and innovate as we strive to be the best. We work in an informal environment with enthusiastic and talented individuals from all over the world to design and create great mobile games.
CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- An initial employment contract for one year;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- High-end Macbook Pro or PC laptop;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- Flexibility to work remote part-time.