CoolGames is looking for a new Game Developer, with a passion for casual games, to strengthen our Technology team. When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Snapchat, LINE and WeChat. CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
Are you an ambitious game developer with a passion for new technologies and platforms? Do you like working in online games that are played by millions around the world? And do you want to help us bring HTML5 to the next level? Then keep reading!
What are you doing as a Game Developer?
As a game developer you will set up and develop HTML5 games from start to live maintenance. You take responsibility for delivering games with robust and stable code. You will take part in code reviewing by looking at other people’s work and learning from your peers while also sharing your knowledge with the team. You will contribute with the maintenance and development of internal game development tools.
What is your profile?
You are proactive and used to taking ownership and responsibility. You are not afraid of debugging and optimizing code. You are able to write clean, readable and maintainable code. You see yourself as a good team player. You have excellent social, communication skills. You are open to learning new things and have experience in working in a multidisciplinary team.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in professional programming;
- Fully comfortable with Agile/Scrum development processes and tools;
- Experience with version control tools like git
- Solid knowledge of best development practices;
- Experience with web game tech (e.g. PIXI/Phaser/Three.js) is a plus;
- Experience with Gitflow is a plus;
- Experience with social platforms is a plus.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the centre of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues from all over the world design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines and we want to let our staff grow. CoolGames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku. You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.
What do we offer?
To summarize CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- An employment contract for one year;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam;
- High-end Macbook Pro or PC laptop;
- An open, informal and international company culture.
** EU candidates only **Apply for this job