Are you an ambitious Game Developer with a passion for new technologies and platforms? Do you like working in online games that are played by millions around the world? And do you want to help us bringing HTML5 to the next level? Then we have an excellent career opportunity for you! We are therefore looking for a Senior Game Developer to strengthen our Studio and help us realize our international growth ambition.
What are you doing as a Senior Game Developer?
As a Game Developer you will setup and develop HTML5 games from start to live maintenance. You take responsibility for delivering games with robust and stable code. Next to that, you will support the Lead Developer by designing and documenting the game’s architecture. You will help junior developers by reviewing their code and coaching them. You contribute with the maintenance and development of new internal tools.
What is your profile?
You are proactive and used to take ownership and responsibility. You are not afraid of debugging and optimizing code. You see yourself as a good teamplayer and are very supportive to other departments. You have excellent social, communication and presentation skills with an eye for detail.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the gaming industry.
- Fully comfortable with Agile development processes and tools;
- Experienced with Git and adept of GitFlow;
- Solid knowledge of best development practices;
- Experience with social platforms is a plus;
- Experience with turn-based and real-time action multiplayer games is a plus.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the centre of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues from all over the world design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines and we want to let our staff grow. CoolGames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku. You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.
What do we offer?
To summarize CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- An employment contract for one year;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam;
- High-end Macbook Pro or PC laptop;
- An open, informal and international company culture.