CoolGames has been front-runner in developing high-quality HTML5 games since day 1 and continues to hold its #1 position! To stay on top, we are constantly on the look-out for high talented people to join our team.
We are therefore now looking to add an experienced QA Lead to further strengthen our QA team to keep supporting and assisting high-quality multi-player, social games and ultimately providing the best user experience!
What are you doing as a QA Lead?
As a QA Lead you will be involved both in managing the QA Team and in Testing.
From the managerial aspect, you will oversee a team of 3 QA’ers, have an overview of the projects the QA department is involved in and assure that the QA resources are properly allocated and that all projects are properly supported without having our quality impacted. You will be working hand in hand with the Head of QA in regards to process improvements, tooling.
From a testing perspective, you will manually test games and will be in charge of a project and oversee the QA tasks required for said projects. You will represent QA in the various meetings for said projects. You focus on scripting as well as setting up Test Cases. Next to that, you will be interacting with developers both inside and outside the studio to help guide them to smart solutions to common problems. You will provide feedback on design choices and around end user experience. You are able to write clear and detailed QA reports that developers can use to reduce, validate and fix bugs that are found by you. You will use Jira to log and track the issues. You are a teamplayer who is capable of working in a dynamic team and is flexible to work with various departments. In your role as an QA tester you take ownership to solve problems.
- You have led a team on a project before;
- You like to improve processes and get the best results out of you and your team;
- You’re the kind of person who likes to take things apart just to figure out how they work;
- You like to troubleshoot technical problems and try to get to the root of why weird error; messages that come up when you click a game character really fast on a Japanese Android phone running the stock browser;
- You’re motivated, organized, enjoy working with and within a team;
- Forward thinking, you’re always coming up with ideas on how to make a product better;
- You’re analytical, a stickler for details and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously;
- You also have a passion for mobile and web gaming.
What is your profile?
- At least 4-5 years of experience in the QA Field
- Managerial experience
- Proficient in English
- Experience in testing Games/Software
- Some experience in Python
- Basic Technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Modern Mobile Platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows)
- Experience with Jira or similar issue tracking system
- EU candidates only.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the centre of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues from all over the world design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines and we want to let our staff grow. CoolGames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku.You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment
What do we offer?
To summarize CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam with awesome Friday drinks (as soon as Covid-19 is over);
- An open, informal and international company culture.
— EU CANDIDATES ONLY–Apply for this job