With the app-stores overcrowded, cloud-gaming is the next big thing and HTML5 is now one of the fastest growing cloud-game technologies. CoolGames has been a front-runner in developing and publishing high-quality HTML5 games since 2010. To fully benefit from all the new opportunities, we are constantly on the look-out for highly talented people to join our team.
Our games can be found within numerous social platforms & messaging apps, as well as on game websites and media channels worldwide. They combine high quality core gameplay and a well-designed metagame for long-term retention with social- or multi-player features for viral distribution and discoverability. And monetization is often a mixture between ads, IAP and subscription models.
To help us further improve our existing flagship titles and develop better new games, we are looking for an experienced, Lead Game Designer, with a special focus on monetization and in game economy.
What are you doing as a Lead Game Designer?
As a Lead Game Designer you work closely together with the colleagues from the games teams such as the Game Producers, Artist, Developers and QA staff in the Studio. From the managerial aspect you will mentor and train our Game Designers, overseeing their GDD’s with a special focus on improving monetization cycles, in-game economy and IAP models. You will report directly to the CEO of CoolGames and you are capable to present games to the internal customers as well as the external customers. You are able to develop business cases with the business teams as well with the product management. When you know everything with Live-Ops and you help the complete organization with execution them, you are the right person. And off course we would like you to share your best practices and mark your benchmarks for all products with in CoolGames.
- You have a proven track-record in revenue optimization and balancing a game-economy with F2P and/or ad-based mobile games
- You have a highly analytical mindset: you live and breathe the key gaming KPIs
- You can combine the creative development process with clear data-driven decisions
- You are able to motivate your team and clearly explain with data-points what it is that actually makes a game successful.
What is your profile?
- At least 5 years of experience in the mobile games industry within an international studio;
- Experience with LiveOps for existing titles;
- Excellent insights in game KPIs, game system design and balancing in-game economy;
- Deep knowledge of top grossing games, F2P mechanics and latest trends in the market;
- Experience in leading and motivating teams;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the centre of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues from all over the world design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines and we want to let our staff grow. CoolGames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku.You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.
What do we offer?
To summarize CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job, working on multi-player cloud-games for new platforms
- A competitive salary with a company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Health care insurance compensation
- An optional participation in our company stock plan
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and very international company culture
— EU CANDIDATES ONLY–Apply for this job