CoolGames is looking for a Medior / Senior Backend Developer, with a passion for casual games, to strengthen our Technology team.
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat. CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
What are you doing as a Medior / Senior Backend Developer?
As a Backend Developer you will design and develop secure and scalable backend solutions for our games that are played by millions around the world. We code in Nakama with Go. On a daily basis you will maintain and improve our live game backends via Java Script and Typescript. Next to that you will collaborate with the game developers and continuously improve on integrating our backend solutions.
- You have solid understanding of network protocols like TCP, UDP, HTTP, and WebSocket;
- You have grasp of databases and design;
- You are comfortable with agile development processes and tools;
- You have a passion for Game Development.
What is your profile?
- Flexible attitude and goal oriented;
- Proficient in English;
- Experience with game backends;
- Experience with cloud platforms / infrastructure;
- Experience with other 00 languages is a big plus.
Why would you want to work for CoolGames?
CoolGames is a dynamic organization in the gaming world and is located in a beautiful canal house in the centre of Amsterdam. You will work in an international environment with young and enthusiastic colleagues. Your colleagues from all over the world design and create mobile games. CoolGames is a small organization with short communication lines and we want to let our staff grow. CoolGames started 10 years ago as a pioneer in developing games in HTML5. We successfully brought games to messaging platforms, such as Angrybirds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku.You will work in an open and an informal team with a pleasant working environment.
What do we offer?
To summarize CoolGames offers you a challenging job with a broad responsibility and an attractive compensation package:
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam;
- High-end MacBook Pro or PC laptop;
- An open, informal and international company culture.
— EU CANDIDATES ONLY! —Apply for this job