CoolGames is looking for an experienced Backend Developer, with a passion for casual games, to strengthen our Technology team.
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat. CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
As a Backend Developer you’ll develop and maintain secure and scalable backend solutions for our games that are played by millions around the world.
Your key responsibilities
- Maintain and improve our live game backends (Java and Phyton);
- Design and develop secure and scalable backend solutions (Nakama with Go);
- Collaborate with the game developers and continously improve on integrating our backend solutions.
- Experience with Nakama game server (build/deploy/scale) and Nakama modules (create/maintain);
- Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP, UDP, HTTP, and WebSocket;
- Solid knowledge of at least two languages from our Stack (Java, Python, Go or JS);
- Solid knowledge of event-driven development and real-time applications;
- Professional experience with DevOps practices and AWS is highly desirable.
- Proactive and used to taking ownership and responsibility;
- Team player with good social and communication skills;
- Comfortable with agile development processes and tools;
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary;
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation;
- Optional company stock plan participation;
- Health care insurance compensation;
- Sports allowance;
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam;
- High-end MacBook Pro or PC laptop;
- An open, informal and international company culture.
— EU CANDIDATES ONLY! —Apply for this job