CoolGames is looking for an experienced Python Developer, with a passion for casual games, to strengthen our Technology team.
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat. CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
As a Python Developer you’ll develop and maintain secure and scalable backend solutions for our games that are played by millions around the world.
Your key responsibilities
- Maintain and improve our live game backends
- Develop secure and scalable backend solutions
- Support game developers connecting to our backend solutions
- At least four years of experience with backend- and API-development
- Solid knowledge of Python, Django (or Flask), Redis and messaging queues
- Professional experience with DevOps/CI practices and AWS is highly desirable
- Experience with turn-based and real-time action multiplayer games is a plus
- Experience with implementing websockets is a plus
- Proactive and used to taking ownership and responsibility
- Team player with good social and communication skills
- Comfortable with agile development processes and tools
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- Sports allowance
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- High-end MacBook Pro or PC laptop
- An open, informal and international company culture