When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Snapchat, VK and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
CoolGames is looking for an experienced Data Manager with a passion for games to further strengthen our in-house studio, helping us to develop the next generation of highly social casual games!
Our data pipeline tracks in-game user behaviour and provides stakeholders with queryable user behaviour databases. We are aware there’s a lot of room for improvement so we’re looking for an excellent candidate like you to put our data to good use! You’ll have a leading role in shaping the data-driven culture at CoolGames.
- Monitor business KPI’s & benchmarks for each phase of a game’s lifecycle
- Build dashboards and create reports to provide stakeholders with actionable insights on the performance, phases and direction of games
- Develop a single source of truth system to serve data to several company departments
- Create new data pipelines for providing stakeholders with more data such as monetisation, retention and competitors metrics
- Make data-driven suggestions to improve metrics such as acquisition, retention, virality and monetisation, improving both player experience and revenue
- Use data to identify and address bottlenecks in player experience
- Come up with business questions and identify how to track user behaviour to answer those, designing analytics events for each game feature
- Query data to answer ad-hoc questions (e.g.: “determine ROI for campaign Y”, “at which moment in the funnel are players leaving the most?”)
- Spread the data-driven mindset across teams
- Refactor DAGs and ETL jobs to solve eventual issues in the pipeline
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders such as Game Designers, Producers and Product Managers to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies for better performance and data quality
- Social media or gaming background preferred
- Generalist with basic experience in data engineering as well in data analysis
- Easy with building and creating own structure and processes
- Be able to work under stressful deadlines and take ownership
- Strong in communication
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields
- Experience deriving actionable insights from data
- Experience with SQL relational databases (reading and optimizing queries), Python and Spark
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, EMR, S3, Glue, and Athena
- Experience with BI tools such as Quicksight, Metabase, Tableau
- Experience with web analytics services such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Game Analytics
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools, preferably Apache Airflow
- Experience with R and web scraping
- Experience with data visualisation and presentation
Nice to haves / Preferable
- Experience with Apache Kafka for real-time analytics in the future
- Some experience in Freemium (F2P) and/or ad-driven games
- Some experience with data analytics with R is a very nice to have
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- Sports allowance
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- High-end MacBook Pro or PC laptop
- An open, informal and international company culture