CoolGames is looking for an experienced games producer to help us realize our international growth ambitions!
When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Snapchat, VK and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
Are you an experienced games producer looking for a new challenge? Do you know what it takes to run live games? Are you able to lead and motivate a team through all phases of a games lifecycle? Then we have an excellent career opportunity for you!
Your key responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the production and operation of the project from pitch to live service. Including risk management, planning, budgeting and resource coordination
- Lead Scrum teams (of developers, artists and designers) in sprints and daily stand ups
- Communicate with the team and other external stakeholders
- Participate in the design process while keeping an eye on vision, scope, deadlines and budget
- Motivate the team to be critical and raise the bar on quality
- Help automating production processes for an efficient development flow
- Assess any risks for the production and mitigate them on time
- Constantly work to improve and iterate on production process and methodology to make sure everyone can produce their best work
- Mentor and coach the producers, ensuring they succeed
- Proactive and used to taking ownership and responsibility
- Motivational team leader and inspiration to your colleagues
- Experience leading remote and distributed teams
- Linking pin between business and operational teams
- Strong capability to multitask and prioritize
- Take initiatives to improve player experience, retention, virality and monetization
- Strong creative-commercial mentality: we’re not an indie studio, we aim to build games that are played by millions of users!
- Understanding of the latest game trends
- Understanding of monetization and retention techniques is key!
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, including live operations
- Fully comfortable with Scrum development processes
- Embodies an Agile mindset
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Knowledge of the production process and game life cycles
- Strong project management skills
- Fluent English communication (i.e. speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in games, preferably casual, is a must!
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- Sports allowance
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- High-end MacBook Pro or PC laptop
- An open, informal and international company culture