With the app-stores overcrowded, cloud-gaming is the next big thing and HTML5 is now one of the fastest growing cloud-game technologies. CoolGames has been a front-runner in developing and publishing high-quality HTML5 games since 2010, such as Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook. Our games can be found within numerous social platforms & messaging apps, as well as on game websites and media channels worldwide. They combine high quality core gameplay and a well-designed metagame for long-term retention with social- or multi-player features for viral distribution and discoverability. And monetization is often a mixture between ads, IAP and subscription models.
We are currently looking for a QA Tester to join our Quality Assurance team.
Who you are…
- You’re the kind of person who likes to take things apart just to figure out how they work.
- You also like to troubleshoot technical problems and try to get to the root of why weird error messages come up when you click a game character really fast on a Japanese Android phone.
- You’re analytical, a stickler for details and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You also have a passion for mobile and web gaming.
What you’ll be doing…
- Test the latest HTML5 games produced by CoolGames’ internal game studio to ensure they work as designed on the most popular devices and web browsers on the market.
- Test on various platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat and more.
- Test 3rd party produced HTML5 games to meet our Device Certification guidelines for publishing.
- Test CoolGames’ own gaming portals and tools to ensure we’re delivering a great player experience and supporting our own internal content management needs.
- Working on and updating automation scripts to allow faster results during game checks
How you’ll do it…
- Be involved in Game Studio development sprints to test games prior to launch.
- Lead a project from a QA perspective.
- Interact with developers to help guide them to smart solutions to common problems.
- Write clear & detailed QA reports that developers can use to reproduce, validate and fix bugs found.
- Use Jira to log and track issues.
- Setup and maintain automation scripts for specific projects and specific checks.
- Experience testing games/software
- Basic technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of modern mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows)
- Experience with Jira or a similar issue tracking system
- Experience with Python
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken & written)
- Ability to live/work in the Netherlands. We do not sponsor visas for this role.
What we offer
- A highly dynamic job with a competitive salary
- Company pension plan and travel cost compensation
- Optional company stock plan participation
- Health care insurance compensation
- Sports allowance
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- An open, informal and international company culture