When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Game Design Intern who will be joining our “New Games” team or “LiveOps” team to support the Game Designer(s) of those teams.
Who you are…
You study game design and want to become a professional game designer. You have a good understanding of game design and you’re an avid gamer. You have worked in a design role on a few projects inside and outside of classes. You’re precise, you have an analytical mindset, you can communicate ideas well and you play well in a team.
What you’ll be doing…
- Create games…
- Help create new game concepts
- Define game rules and mechanics
- Design levels & content
- Improve game balance and performance
- Document and communicate functionality
- …and improve games!
How you’ll do it…
- Be part of the CoolGames studio team
- Participate in new game concept brainstorm sessions
- Looking at game data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify opportunities
- Document designs clearly and keep these up-to-date after iterations
- Create content through level editors
What we’ve worked on recently…
A few examples of our awesome HTML 5 games:
- Battleship: https://apps.facebook.com/battleshipthegame
- Daily Sudoku: https://apps.facebook.com/dailysudokugame
- Cookie Connect: http://bit.ly/1KCx5ZF
- Jewel Academy: http://bit.ly/1ItYblW
Who you’ll be working with…
- A Game-Designer assigned to you to help you (and us) grow!
- In-house Game Studio
- Product Manager
- Monetization manager
- QA team
- An up to date online portfolio to see your work
- A passion for games and game design
- We prefer candidates who can show extracurricular projects (game jams, own projects, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Must be currently pursuing a post-secondary degree
- The internship is aimed at students who are in the 3rd or 4th year of their study
- Duration: 4 months minimum, starting in August or September
- Internship compensation fee
- Great office location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Occasional outings and drinks with the company
- High-profile IPs to work with
- An awesome team to work in!