When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Game Design Intern who will be joining our “New Games” team or “LiveOps” team to support the Game Designer(s) of those teams.
As a production intern, you work together with the producers and the teams working on our awesome HTML5 games. You will be part of multiple teams working on live titles and you will learn from different aspects of game development and publishing. This is a paid internship position. To be eligible you must be enrolled in a college or university with an internship program.
Day to day, your tasks will include:
- Organizing meetings and meeting notes
- Documenting decisions made
- Assisting the producers to drive projects from start to completion
- Help in prioritizing and decision making for live games
- A candidate who enjoys to organize
- Good writing skills in English
- Experience in game development
- Experience with agile tools like Trello or JIRA
- Knowledge of agile processes (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Hands-on experience in either Quality Assurance, Game Art, Game Design or Game Development
- Internship compensation fee
- Great office location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Occasional outings and drinks with the company
- High-profile IPs to work with
- An awesome team to work in!