When the app-stores were introduced ten years ago, mobile quickly became the largest games platform. And now a new shift is taking place, as millions of people are starting to play and instantly share games with friends via their social or messaging apps, such as via Facebook, Messenger, LINE and WeChat.
CoolGames has been a front-runner in this new space and brought many successful games to messaging platforms, including Angry Birds, Battleship and Daily Sudoku, which is now the #1 sudoku game on Facebook.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Game Design Intern who will be joining our “New Games” team or “LiveOps” team to support the Game Designer(s) of those teams.
We’re looking for someone to join our in-house game studio at CoolGames, a fast growing startup, headquartered in the center of Amsterdam. Our studio builds high quality games for CoolGames’ own network and other gaming networks, played by millions of gamers worldwide, from Japan to South Africa.
Who you are…
You are a (game) art student and want to become a professional game artist. You have a good understanding of (game) art and esthetics, you like games and your brain is overflowing with creativity. You are ambitious and eager to learn. You’re precise, sociable you can communicate ideas well and you play well in a team.
- A passion for art
- Good drawing skills
- An up to date online portfolio to see your work
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects skills
- Good team player
- Can communicate in English
- Creativity, lots of it!
- Nerf dart skills and some humor on the side are a big plus!
- Must be currently pursing a degree
- Developing new casual games for mobile, desktop and other platforms for a worldwide audience
- Creative environment where you can learn and grow
- Working in a talented team to produce high quality games
- Game nights, Friday drinks and company events
- Awesome office in the center of Amsterdam